Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Michael Jackson, revisited

Yesterday I noted that I wasn't sure Michael Jackson was guilty of anything. Not precisely what I meant to say -- he MAY not be guilty of anything in the legal sense, but sleeping in the same bed with kids who are not your own is pretty much unacceptable behavior in anyone's book, regardless of how you parse the child molestation laws. Jackson is quite obviously a mentally unwell person, and probably very unhappy, and that's sad, given his exceptional talent as an entertainer. And I feel sorry for him, but somewhere a bell should have gone off in his head telling him he was making a big mistake.

And I reiterate, where were the parents of these kids he's accused of molesting? They are certainly culpable if Jackson himself is.

No comments:

Join My Community at MyBloglog!