Monday, February 28, 2005

Much ado about much ado

The Oscar show was pretty bland, when it came down to it. Not sure it was Rock's fault, as Tom Shales noted, it's probably because most of the movies were not of a genre generally considered "fun." Scorsese really deserves an Oscar, maybe not for The Aviator, but for SOMEthing. That said, I'm always happy when genuine good guys like Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman are recognized. Freeman is a treasure -- he's come a long way from The Electric Company.

My only concern about Rock was not that I thought he would go "dirty," but that when it came down to it, he was kind of cruel to some actors in his opening monologue. Oh yeah, I know it's all jokes, but it could have been a little lighter -- and probably funnier. HOWEVER, I thought in general, he did a great job, came across as the pro he is, and that's great. A lot of his quips were clever, and he's just fun to watch. Maybe it's not his thing, but Drudge is reporting this morning that the ratings for this year's show were the highest since 2000. So, good for Chris.

No comments:

Join My Community at MyBloglog!