Saturday, August 20, 2005

For once I agree with Bill Maher

I don't often agree with Bill Maher. He's liberal, smug, and tosses around a lot of leftward dogma often without having all of his facts straight. He's particularly guilty of furthering the "Bush is a dummy" myth, the "Bush lied" mantra and other juvenile arguments. But once in a while the blind pig finds an acorn.

Tonight, it came in his "New Rules" segment. Flashing a Time Magazine cover dealing with the evolution versus creationism "debate," he said the following (and I admit I might be paraphrasing).

"New Rule: You don't have to teach 'both sides' of an issue if one side is a load of crap."

Of course. And he pointed out that even though there is a well-known debate between proponents of evolution and "intelligent design," there is essentially NO debate about this among scientists.

Right on Bill. Now get some of the other stuff straight and I might start to like you better.

No comments:

Join My Community at MyBloglog!